Description of the project
Vestjyllands Højskole is a Folk High Schools that offers non-formal adult education. Most students are between 18 and 26 years old. We have no academic requirements for admittance and there are no exams, but you get a diploma when you leave.
We have dance, ecology, theatre, singing, music, ceramics, painting ,writing, and cooking on the schedule.
We have an ecological profile and we are able to produce all the energy needed ourselves. We have a large ecological garden, which is maintained by local voluntaries.
As a volunteer, you will be working in the garden, but in your spare time you will have the opportunity to take part in the above mentioned as well.
- interest in education and ecology
- willing to engage in the practical work in the organic garden
- flexible and mature
Volunteering at the project
- the volunteer will gain knowledge of ecological gardening and farming;
- knowledge of plants and the diversity of the earth
- how to make the earth fertile and fruitful
- knowledge of coexistence between, man, animals, and plants
- knowledge of the importance of plants in regards to our health
- the volunteer will spend most of the time working in the garden and in that way he will contribute to the overall mission of the garden
- the creation of new social and cultural networks between Danes and foreigners through ecological gardening and the use of those products in the kitchen
- strengthen the knowledge in the local community about the importance of the food in relation to health and a healthy life
- create an ecological research and demonstration garden that inspires to form the basis of a constructive community, which in the future will attract new citizens
- Besides gardening, the volunteer will be faced with tasks of craftsmanship, especially carpentry and tasks such as bartending, management and cleaning
- the volunteer will live at the school
Read more about the project on the EVS-database.
PIC number: 946789647
EI reference number: 2015-1-DK01-KA110-004039
Next volunteer period: 1 September 2018 – 1 September 2019
Deadline for application: 18 March 2018
Number of volunteers: 1