Description of the project
The school is located in the west coast of Jutland and focuses on preparing its students for the Danish general upper secondary school called gymnasium (stx).
The efterskole is a unique Danish independent residential school for students between 14 and 18 years.
This type of school deals with both the educational and personal development of the students.
It embraces a common educational focus on enlightenment for life, general education and democratic citizenship.
The efterskole has substantial freedom in terms of eg. choice of subjects, teaching methods and educational approach. These vary in accordance with the school’s political, religious or pedagogical orientation. Each efterskole chooses its own profile and core values on which it will focus its teaching and all other activities during a schoolyear.
- at least 20 years old
- kind, yet responsible in the relations with the students
- ambitious and likes to share skills and knowledge
- friendly, out going, engaged, flexible and responsible
- German speaking person and at least basic knowledge of English
Volunteering at the project
- will assist in German classes; conversation in German, bringing in German youth culture, participation in planning if wanted
- specific tasks depend on experience, skills and interests
- personal timetables allow the volunteer to use their skills within language, sports, art, e-sport, etc
- the volunteer will be working closely with the teacher teaching the relevant subjects
- the volunteer will sometimes be present at the school at night and in weekends, as the efterskole is a boarding school
- the volunteer will preferably be living in a host family, but it is also a possibility to live at the school
- interviews will be conducted via Skype