Description of the project
Volunteer in an active gymnastic club in Denmark!
The Silkeborg Girls and Boys (Silkeborg Pigerne og Drengene) work with long term talent development for gymnasts through:
- Motoric training and basic gymnastic movements
- Positive gymnastic experiences for children and young people
- Offering 1-7 training sessions per week for the most ambitious and talented gymnasts
- trainingrainings for gymnasts participating in talent school program (age 13-20 yrs)
- Our gymnasts participate in Team Gym og Power tumbling competitions
- The skills of our gymnasts range from beginners to world championship medalists.
As a volunteer, you will be assisting coach for children and young people in the age from 4-25 years of age.
Depending on your skills and preferences you’ll be a part of different coaching teams. In a typical week, you’ll be coaching in the gym 4-5 hours every afternoon from 16.30 and two mornings from 8 till 10 o’clock.
We expect you to participate in language school since communication is essential to succeed as a coach. We also expect that you have a gymnastics background and a little coaching experience. The kind of gymnastics you know from you home country is not crucial. Both tumbling, rhythmic gymnastics, or other gymnastic backgrounds are relevant. Most important is, that you want to teach Danish gymnasts how to achieve their goals.
A genuine interest and passion for coaching children at all levels is very important.
In 6-10 weekends during the season ,you’ll participate in training camps and competitions.
If you are an active gymnast, its possible to have training several times a week with our senior gymnasts (+18 years) doing Team Gym, Tumbling or both.
Silkeborg is “the outdoor capital” of Denmark surrounded by wonderful nature (lakes and forests). A small city of 55.000 citizens located half an hour drive from the city of Aarhus.
We would love to have you as a volunteer in our club of 450 gymnast and 80 volunteer coaches.
Our main coach (only employed) will be your guide in the club. We will help you to find a nice host family in Silkeborg.
- previous experience with gymnastics
- interest in working with children
Volunteering at the project
- the volunteer will work 4-5 hours every afternoon/evening from 4.30pm
- the volunteer will work two mornings a week, 8 – 10am
- the volunteer will be assisting coach for children and young people in the age from 4-25 years of age
- the volunteer will live with a host family in the local community
- interviews will be conducted in English via Skype
EI reference number:
Next volunteer period: 1st September 2019 – 31st May 2020
Deadline for application: 15th of June 2019
Number of volunteers: 2