Description of the project
The Kindergarten and nursery “Rønde Frie Skovbørnehus” is beautifully located in the middle of a forest, only 5 min walk from the seaside. We have four groups of children aged 0-3, 3-4, 4-5 and 5-6 under the same roof with different outside activities and right now we have 50 children and 8 staff.
A town of Rønde is only three minutes away by car or bus. All necessary items can be bought in Rønde, which is located half an hour away from Aarhus, Denmark’s second largest city.
The kindergarten activities follow the seasons very closely. Recently harvest took place and we had a celebration inviting the families. In the winter, we make bonfires to make food, such as soup, but also to keep warm. Sometimes when the weather gets rough we find shelter in the stables or do gymnastics/sports in the gym. However, every year we hope for a snowy winter because we love playing and sledging in the snow.
We also do a lot of singing and playing, storytelling, drawing, painting and many other activities and the volunteer is expected to take active part in the activities.
- basic level of English
- smoking is not allowed
- good social skills and interest and motivation in working with children
- no previous experience at working at kindergartens is required
Volunteering at the project
- the kindergarden is specialized in daily outdoors living
- we believe it is mentally and physically healthy for children to be outdoors for most of the day
- a member of the staff will be a tutor and supervisor for the volunteer
- the volunteer will be attached one of the groups and help the staff in the daily work
- the volunteer is also expected to do activities with the children
- interviews will take place in English via Skype
PIC number: 945663283
EI reference number: 2015-1-DK01-KA110-004095
Next volunteer period: 1st September 2019 – 30th June 2020
Deadline for application: 17th March 2019
Number of volunteers: 2
ESC in “Rønde Frie Skovbørnehus”
Watch the video with glimpses of the daily life in “Rønde Frie Skovbørnehus” (in Danish)
Watch the Prezi from former volunteers at “Rønde Frie Skovbørnehus”