Description of the project
PTG International Youth College (Ungdomshøjskolen PTG) is a private and independent boarding school for young people, based at an international campus in the country side in western Denmark.
PTG is an alternative school where young people from different walks of life and nationalities can study, work and live together.
The school caters for people aged 18 – 30 years. The school promotes social responsibility and works actively to increase cultural awareness, inclusion and tolerance through cultural actions in the local community, as well as on study trips. The programme also entails “Planet Protection activities” such as planting trees, garden farming, learning about nature and carrying out nature restoration projects.
Some of the students at the schools come from troubled backgrounds and need social support to build a meaningful and successful future.
The school functions as a social community where everybody contributes with their strengths and positive efforts, and receives support in areas where they are lacking. The school has a strong “learning by doing” tradition, and also focuses on teaching skills. Thus, students and teachers run the school together, i.e. cooking, cleaning, maintenance work, gardening, shopping, planning programmes etc.
- aged 22 to 30
- have an interest that they would like to share with others, e.g. nature / sport / climate issues / youth work / drama / arts / music, etc.
- are interested in getting experiences in working with people, organizing projects and events and doing good for others
- it is important that the volunteers are interested in supporting and creating a positive youth culture at our school
- it is very important that the volunteers are motivated to get experiences, try new things, and to participate whole-heartedly
Accommodation will be in single rooms with shared bathroom. In some special situations the participants might share room with another person.
The school is a boarding school, and the volunteers will stay in rooms side by side with the rooms where the students are living.
Three meals and snacks are served at the school. The participants are joining the rota for cooking, cleaning and dish washing.
The school has a strict no alcohol/no drugs policy.
- interviews will be conducted via Skype
SKORKÆRVEJ 8, 6990 ULFBORG
PIC number: Pending
EI reference number: Pending
Next volunteer period: 1st September of 2020 – 30th June 2021
Deadline for application: 5th of January of 2020 Number of volunteers: 3