Description of the project
Odsherredes Efterskole is a Christian self-governing boarding school (efterskole) offering formal secondary education for 9th and 10th grade. It have are around 160 students between 15-17 year, which stay for one year at the school. The school is situated in the western part of Zealand in a small town named Faarevejle.
An “Efterskole” is a unique schooling concept found only in Denmark. It is a kind of a private boarding school with government grants that provides Secondary School education for young people, predominately between the ages of 14-17. The school is privately run, and this means that there is an annual fee for parents to send their child/children to the school, but families may apply for government funding depending on their financial status.
- over the age of 20
- out-going, sociable and has a sense of humor
- good at English
Volunteering at the project
- living at the school, there is the opportunity to participate in all of the school’s activities during the week and at weekends
- you get your own room in a house that you will share with 2-4 other young people, who also work at the school
- the school will provide a timetable for the volunteer, which will offer him/her the chance to use all of their skills, linguistically, artistically, in sports and socially
- the volunteer will be involved in the areas of the curriculum that are relevant to his/her key skills
- the volunteer would be offered the same learning possibilities of any trainee teaching with regards to pedagogy and didactics
- the volunteer would be provided with constant support and advice
- we expect the volunteer to engage in all aspects of the school’s life
PIC number: 918055240
EI reference number: Pending
Next volunteer period: 1st of August 2020. – 30th of June 2021.
Deadline for application: 31 of May 2020.
Number of volunteers: 2
Valid Age: 20+
Follow 4 volunteers as they take you through a day of a volunteer at Rejsby, Kongenshus and Midtjydsk Efterskole.