Description of the project
Kontakt mellem Mennesker/Contact between People is a volunteer social association whose vision is a strong, visible and diverse civil society. The organization strives, through various areas of effort (Volunteer center, Self-help, Anonymous volunteer counseling, Community of interest projects and Charity shop) to promote a strong, visible and diverse civil society where anyone can make a volunteer contribution, seek help and support, and take part in meaningful communities – regardless of age, ethnicity, handicap and social status. Daily, Kontakt mellem Mennesker strives to enhance solidarity between people, while respecting their cultures and their traditions, and aim to build a community of shared responsibilities and mutual support – they believe that all people can make meaningful contributions to society e.g. through engaging in volunteer work or taking part in different communities.
- Proactive and strong on taking initiative
- Able to speak and write English
- A keen interest in the areas with which Kontakt mellem Mennesker works: promoting volunteerism, community work, supporting other NGOs and the establishment of communities of interest
- An open mind towards people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds
- Knowledge of IT
Volunteering at the project
- The Volunteer at Kontakt mellem Mennesker will work with their staff and ca. 100 volunteers to discuss and initiate activities for people who want a volunteer job or who need help to get on with their lives.
- At this association they help many different types of people, both those experiencing a life crisis common to most, but also the marginalized and persons with a non-Danish ethnic background.
- The volunteer will also contribute to the planning of activities, projects and running a large volunteer house for our city’s social associations.
- The volunteer’s concrete tasks/projects will depend on their competences and interests.
- Tasks could be, for example:
- 1.Reception function, where you greet people and associations needing help
- 2. Participation in marketing our programs (PR, distribution of materials, social media, trade fairs)
- 3. Participant or project leader on your own project/activity (for ex. party for volunteers, workshops for associations, international café)
- 4. Function as handyman/woman (for ex. preparation/arrangement of meeting rooms, meeting planning)
EI reference number:
Next volunteer period: 1st September 2019 – 30th June 2020
Deadline for application: 31st March 2019
Number of volunteers: 2