Description of the project
Husmandsstedet is an acitivity and recreation center, located in a former farmhouse in the heart of Sdr. Naeraa, Aarslev. Here everybody is welcome to come and participate in different kind of activities or initiate interest groups and organize various activities, such as music groups, theatre, creative work, courses and training etc. Furthermore, children and youngsters, with a minimum age of 10 years, are welcome to spend their leisure time in the center in order to follow their interests and hobbies.
The children and youngsters are supervised by minimum two adults and Husmandsstedet also invites parents to keep close contact with the center in order to keep up with their children’s well-being. More than 150 children and youngsters take advantage of Husmandsstedet, and each day about 40–60 are visiting the place.
- open-minded and social
- basic knowledge of English is necessary
- has initiative
- creative approach
Volunteering at the project
- working creatively with the children
- social contact with the children: playing games, motivating them to new activities or just being there for them and having a chat, etc.
- the children are from 10 years and upwards, many of them teenagers
- the volunteer will be present during the opening hours of the centre and work under the supervision of his/her contact person
- the children will love to try new things and the volunteer is invited to come up with his or her own ideas
- Husmandsstedet is situated in a rural area – 20 minutes from the city of Odense
- the volunteer will be living with a host family or at a boarding school
Activities for the kids at the project
- a workshop/studio open for all kind of creative works
- a music room that can be hired and used as a rehearsal room
- a computer room with computer games and internet
- kitchen / café offering sandwiches, fruit, drinks, etc.
- various rooms can be used for meetings, workshops, etc.
- the former small barn is often hired for events. (i.e. gymnastics, drama, concerts, yearly Christmas market, private parties, etc.)
Adults can initiate and organise new activities and advertise them in Husmandsstedets information folder. The current activities vary according to the wishes of the users.
PIC number: 946236456
EI reference number: 2015-1-DK01-KA110-004092
Next volunteer period: 1st September 2020 to 30th June 2021
Deadline for application: 1st of April of 2020
Number of volunteers: 2