Description of the project
BV Vesthimmerland is a public organization for protective workshops and social jobs for people with disabilities, outside the normal labor market. The protective workshops are safe, disability-friendly environments providing opportunities for people with disabilities from the local community belonging in the area of Vesthimmerland, helping them to develop and improve their skills and to earn an income, through the products that they make, to supplement their disability grants.
BV Vesthimmerland receives about 180 people every day, spread out on 8 locations in the area of Vesthimmerland Municipality.
The organization employs 40 socialworkers, 3 administrative workers and 4 practical staff.
We believe in inclusion and the understanding of different people and of different ways of living.
Everything we touch and develop, we think in social qualification.
BV Vesthimmerland is located in the town of Løgstor, which is beautifully situated at the banks of Limfjorden. The environment is very infuenced by the fjord and the town is an old fishing town. Today the fishing trade has declined and it is now smaller industries and companies doing different kind of services but in the sommertime, Løgstor is full of tourists.
There is a close relationship with the Løgstør Tilbudene project and the volunteers will see each other regularly as well as live in the same flat.
- over the age of 22
- willing to be part of a learning community for disabled people
- willing to learn from the normal staff
- great interest in people with disabilities
- happy and smiling
Volunteering at the project
- the volunteer will be part of the staff of BV Vesthimmerland
- the volunteer will work closely with one of the socialworkers
- the volunteer will be invited to participate in excursions
- The volunteer will be invited to participate in developing new jobs
- The volunteer will be involved in marketing
- volunteers will be living in a flat with other volunteers from nearby projects
EI reference number:
Next volunteer preiod: 1 September 2018 – 1 July 2019
Deadline for application: 18 March 2018
Number of volunteers: 1