Description of the project
Aagaard Efterskole is a part of a network of schools in Denmark, known as “Efterskole”. “Efterskole” is a unique schooling concept found only in Denmark. Broadly speaking it is a private boarding school with government grants that provides Secondary School education for young people at the age of 15 to 17.
Each “Efterskole” chooses its own profile and an area on which it will focus its teaching, in addition to the compulsory subjects. Our school focuses on academic skills, traditional Danish gymnastics and optional subjects (music, creative, sport, and practical subjects).
Aagaard Efterskole’s founding values are based upon Grundtvig/Kold social-cultural values, whose general principles are general education, co-existence and enlightenment for life, emphasizing putting historical, political and cultural issues into context. Pupils’ participation in the cultural debate is also seen as an important part of the individual’s personal development.
The staff currently consists of 17 teachers and 6 other members of staff.
- male over the age of 22
- previous experience working with children
- interest in foreign languages and sharing knowledge about Europe and his own country, culture, and language
- willing to engage in all aspects of the life on the school
- hard-working and flexible
Volunteering at the school
- a timetable will be provided every week, which will give the volunteer a chance to use all his skills; linguistically, artistically, athletically, and socially
- it’s important to note that the school is technically open 24/7, though time will be given in lieu if the volunteer has been asked to contribute weekends
- the volunteer will have the opportunity to work as a language assistant with co-operation with other teachers in the classroom
- the volunteer will have the opportunity to contribute during musical activities, sport activities, skiing, and other optional lessons
- participating in the daily tasks of the boarding school; monitoring of cleaning and mealtimes, planning evening activities, helping with homework etc.
Aagaard Efterskole would like to ensure that they receive the right candidate by carrying out interviews on Skype in German or English.
Read more about the project on the EVS-database.
PIC number: 928163901
EI reference number: 2015-1-DK01-KA110-021929
Next volunteer period: 1 September 2018 – 30 June 2019
Deadline for application: 18 March 2018
Number of volunteers: 1
Valid Age: 22+